GARDEN CITY TURKEY TROT RUNNERS' INSTRUCTIONS
8:30 am Challenger Division Run
9:30 am Fun Run (1.4 Miles)
10:00 am 5 Mile Run
- START: Please start to make your way over to the start line area at least ten (10) minutes before your run starts
- FINISH: Please move quickly past the finish line area after you cross the finish line. Free refreshments will be served to all runners. Medical assistance will be available if needed.
- SPLITS: Split clocks will be posted at every mile.
- WATER STOPS: Water is available at approximately the 2.5 mile mark.
- RESULTS: Elite Feats will administer the race results with the timing chip contained on your race bib. Finish times will be texted to you after the race and can be found online at https://elitefeats.com/results/ or you can visit the results page of our TT Website www.gcturkeytrot.com for historical results.
- AWARDS: The top overall finishers of the 5 mile race, male and female, will receive their awards at the finish line area and be photographed (for local news coverage) shortly after they cross the finish line. Because this race is held on a treasured national holiday, there will be NO AWARDS CEREMONY as our runners and volunteers need to get home to prepare for and celebrate Thanksgiving. All other awards will be either be delivered to you or mailed to you. If you have any questions about awards send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure your email contains the words AWARD QUESTION in the subject line.
- PHOTOS: A professional Photographer will be photographing finishers just before the finish line clock. Check the race website a day or two after the race to see if they got you!
- PARKING!!! IMPORTANT!! THERE IS NO RACE DAY PARKING AT ST. PAUL'S AND THE ROADS LEADING TO ST. PAUL's CLOSE EARLY SO PLAN AHEAD! GET DROPPED OFF EARLY OR LEAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PARK IN THE SURROUNDING AREAS (NOT ON THE RACE COURSE) AND WALK TO THE RACE SITE.
- SAFETY: Please be careful. Be extra alert for children and spectators at the start, turns, and finishing line. NO ROLLER SKATES/BLADES, BICYCLES, or ANIMALS will be allowed on the course.
- THANK YOU: If you enjoy running the Garden City Turkey Trot, you enjoy it because of a lot of hard work from our volunteers and sponsors. This year's race preparations were started a year ago and have culminated with the total community involvement. Many organizations and individuals have participated in order to bring you the annual Garden City Turkey Trot. Have a great run and a fun time!
-- THE RACE COMMITTEE